找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 669|回复: 0

11/10:牧师贪污三十万美元被捕

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-11-11 02:46 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

http://www.wbko.com/news/headlin ... 0000_133617823.html

Billy Minix was arrested Tuesday for allegedly embezzling more than $300,000 from his church, Gospel Outreach in Scottsville.
Posted: 10:42 AM Nov 10, 2011
Reporter: Casey Wheeless
Email Address: casey.wheeless@wbko.com

The small town of Scottsville is a very close knit community which is why most are staying quiet about what exactly happened behind the doors of the Gospel Outreach Church.

Billy Owen Minix ran the church for more than 10 years and in that time, police say he embezzled more than 300,000 dollars.

"I didn't believe it when I heard it, I liked Owen," says one Scottsville resident.

But since Minix stepped down from pastor and left the church, so have some members of the congregation, who say he is innocent.

"It wasn't that he stole any money, he may have mishandled it," says Jerry Whitney, a former member of the church, "the only thing he's guilty of is having too big of a heart."

Detectives say Minix pocketed money through fundraising for the church, all projects that he organized.

"Brother Owen lives in an ordinary house, his car he drives his brother gave to him. He doesn't have the nicest of clothes and for somebody to have embezzled 300,000 dollars you'd think they'd be driving around in a nicer car," says Whitney

But one person, who didn't want to be identified says, they don't believe Minix is completely innocent.

"They're just keeping it quiet, you don't hear anything and to the community here it was just a shock."

Other members of the divided congregation agree he did in fact take the money.

Minix is charged with theft by unlawful taking of more than 10,000 dollars.

Detectives say they are still investigating what happened.

The church declined comment, but they say they've forgiven Minix and are just trying to move on.

WBKO was unsuccessful in reaching Minix for a comment.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-5-7 03:25 PM , Processed in 0.035204 second(s), 14 queries .