找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 1439|回复: 9

Canadian Dividend Investment

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-3-16 09:42 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

I'd like to start a thread of dividend investment that's more suitable to Canadian RRSP/TFSA portfolio.
As a stock owner for quite some years, I have come to realize that, being only a part-time investor, high-frequency trading isn't suitable to me, especially when without perfect risk management.
Thanks to Hutong owner(s) and forum mediators for letting me use the forum.

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-16 09:59 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 thomast 于 2015-3-16 10:05 PM 编辑

XRE.to

The REIT ETF pulled back to close to 200-d MA and filled a gap at around $16.38 in the last couple of weeks, partly due to concern on rate-raising in US. Is this a buying opportunity? In Canada, interest rate won't rise any time soon. In US, is it a done deal that the rate will rise this year? I personally am not convinced at this point, at a time when the US$ is at this level of height.
Current yield, 4.8
Valuation, the stock/ETF may not be very cheap at present comparing to historical valuation.
Disclosure: I don't own the ETF as of today. But I own a few (smaller) Canadian REIT stocks.

This is not an investment advice. Rather, it's for information exchange, learning and sharing.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-16 10:37 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 thomast 于 2015-3-16 10:45 PM 编辑

SLF.to
The thesis is that rate-rising will benefit life co. So this could be a balance with REIT stocks.
Is it cheap enough for a buy? Appreciate it if anyone with expertise on valuation analysis could provide input.
Yield, 3.55
Disclosure, I do not own it at this point.

This is not an investment advice. Rather, it's for information exchange, learning and sharing.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-16 10:44 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 thomast 于 2015-3-16 10:51 PM 编辑

Tri.to
This stock is categorized under industrial sector, which is said to be a sector that should be doing well at this stage of economic cycle.
It has come a long way and is poise to break out. The US$40 level is worth keeping an eye on in the short term.
Yield, 3.26
Disclosure, I own this stock and plan to hold it long term.

回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-3-17 06:48 AM | 显示全部楼层
thomast 发表于 2015-3-16 10:44 PM
Tri.to
This stock is categorized under industrial sector, which is said to be a sector that should ...

谢谢
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-3-17 10:39 AM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2015-3-17 11:17 AM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-17 07:58 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 thomast 于 2015-3-17 08:05 PM 编辑

Thanks for the support.
也许来论坛的都是只对快速trading赚钱有兴趣? 不过条条大路通罗马

Anyone who has interest (in having steady 8-15% annual return) is welcome to join the discussion.
Today at Canadian side, I saw a few REITs started moving again. XRE also moved a bit. Does this imply the Fed won't signal much tomorrow, and rate will stay low in "foreseeable" future, aka this year?
Let's see tomorrow.
Anyway, At present, it seems that the sweet spot of Canadian REIT is in those that have US exposure (those that have property in US) because of the high US currency.

回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-19 05:38 PM | 显示全部楼层
Ms Yellen's statement basically reinforced the chasing for yield as rate will effectively stay low for longer.
In US, high yield performers such as pfe, Sui, dri (they aren't sexy stocks, mind you) could be worth looking at for RRSP account.
I started getting a bit xre.to, but will keep an eye on the 16.38 level closely.
This is not an investment advice. Any contribution/discussion is welcome.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2015-3-19 11:04 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 thomast 于 2015-3-19 11:26 PM 编辑

Aim.to
This would bring me to the end of the thread. The company owns one of the most popular travel mileage point programs in Canada and a few other similar programs in other countries. The stock got beaten down lately. With a yield more than 5%, it becomes attractive. However, the stock is in down trend at this point.  Will wait and see.
what about Cdn power and utility stocks that have high yield? This sector is really under pressure due to well-known reason. Most stocks are in clear down trend. Any rebound has been proved to be counter trend lately.Wouldn't touch them in short term even though the yields are attactive on surface.
Good luck fellow investors.

This is not an investment advice.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-28 08:23 AM , Processed in 0.029251 second(s), 14 queries .