注册
搜索
查看: 604|回复: 2

[体育健身] 姚明的名人堂演讲

[复制链接]
发表于 2016-9-16 04:31 AM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Yao Ming’s Basketball Hall of Fame Enshrinement Speech

楼主| 发表于 2016-9-16 04:33 AM | 显示全部楼层

Below is the full text of my Hall of Fame speech on September 9, 2016. If you listen closely, maybe you will be able to tell when I improvise.

Mr. John Doleva, Hall of Fame Executive Committee, ladies and gentlemen, good evening.

When I heard that I was speaking first tonight, I thought that someone made a mistake. The first speaker should be the great Allen Iverson. I need practice more than he does.

First of all, I would like to thank you for giving me this great honor. Your recognition has made tonight a most memorable moment for me. Although perhaps my career ended too soon, for me I treasure each and every moment. I am grateful for my time on the court, and for your recognition tonight.

I would like to thank my sponsors.

The first speaker should be the great Allen Iverson. I need practice more than he does.

Bill Russell. I will never forget that you invited me to dinner at your house in Seattle when I was a young rookie. That evening, and all of your advice since, really built up my confidence and made me feel comfortable in a new country.

Bill Walton. You supported me all the way. Thank you for your advice and encouragement. You were the first one who called me when I woke up from my foot surgery. You told me to stay positive. I will never forget that.

Dikembe Mutombo. I put you last because you are the oldest of the three. We played together for five years and had so many memories on and off the court. Nothing can break the bond between us — not even all those elbows you gave me in practice.

As you know I am from China, and my journey began there.

My parents were basketball players back in the 1970s. I heard so many great stories about them, about how they played and how good they were. More importantly, so many people know how good they are as people. I am very fortunate to be your son. The gift I had from you was not only height. It was much more. You taught me how to think, how to make decisions. And of course, my soft touch on the free throw line. Which is why I am happy to say I am entering the hall with a career 83% free throw percentage — just a little better than Shaq’s.

My wife Li. We met when we were high school age. You know how much you mean to me. Thank you for being my life partner. Our lovely daughter Amy is a treasure to both of us. We wish she could be here, but she is in her first week of school. And she has to live with the consequences of choosing soccer over basketball.

My basketball journey began on the back of coach Li Zhangmin’s bicycle when he gave me a ride to my very first practice on the basketball court. I would like to congratulate you on a great career as you retire this year. So many kids have benefited from you and your work.

Coach Li Qiuping you were my coach at the Shanghai Sharks. You led us to the CBA championship, and never gave up on us, even when you lost your wife to cancer that year. Thank you for your dedication and your sacrifices to us.

I want to thank the city of Shanghai, the Shanghai Sharks and the CBA league for doing everything they could to prepare me. They raised me, trained me and helped me to be ready for the next challenges in my life.

Cuttino Mobley invited me to his home for something called “soul food.” I thought he meant “salty” food.

There is old saying in China that if the mirror is made of bronze, one can dress properly. If the mirror is history, one can predict ups and downs. If the mirror is people, one can reflect on one’s own weakness and strength. And now, I would like to mention a few mirrors in my life.

I want to mention Mr. Mou Zouyun. He was a basketball legend. Over 80 years ago, Mr. Mou came here to Springfield to study basketball. He went back to China and dedicated his life to Chinese basketball. Today, the CBA Championship Cup is named after him. This cup is the life goal that every CBA player can dream of.

I am not the first Chinese man to play in the NBA. That honor belongs Wang Zhi Zhi. He was a pioneer for all future Chinese players who dream of coming to the NBA. He cleared the road for us and made so many sacrifices. I learned so much from him. Although he cannot be here today, I want to thank him.

Many people know the story that began when the Rockets drafted me in 2002. Not many people know how much effort the Rockets put in before I arrived and throughout my career. Thank you to Les Alexander, Michael Goldberg, Carroll Dawson, Tad Brown, Daryl Morey and Keith Jones for making me feel at home in Houston.

When I arrived in Houston on my first day, Steve Francis gave me a strong high five and a big hug to welcome me. Steve has been the perfect big brother to me ever since that day. Cuttino Mobley invited me to his home for something called “soul food.” I thought he meant salty food. Thank you to Steve, Cuttino and everyone on my early Rockets teams for making me feel so welcome.

Rudy T. is famous for saying, “Never underestimate the heart of a champion.” Rudy has demonstrated this not only on the court, but off the court too, especially in his battle with cancer. Rudy, you have always inspired me to be the best that I can be.

When Jeff Van Gundy arrived with Patrick Ewing and Tom Thibodeau, that coaching staff turned us into a tough defensive team, like he always does.

With T-Mac, Shane Battier, Rafer Alston, we became a talented young team, especially with Dikembe. That team was not only competitive, but a team with a brotherhood.

I always remember Coach Van Gundy said once that, “The best chance also could be your last.” That is true in basketball and in life.

My last NBA coach was Rick Adelman. He helped us develop so many talented players like Carl Landry, Luis Scola and Aaron Brooks. We had a great run in 2008-2009, but unfortunately my injury cut things short and ended my time with the Rockets too soon. I will always remember my time spent with the Houston Rockets as some of the best times in my life.

As a basketball player, I was one of the most blessed players on the planet. I played against some of the best athletes in the world.

A great athlete not only has great teammates, but great opponents. Great opponents push us forward. Opponents like Shaquille O’Neal. Shaq: Every game we played reminded me of the old saying, “What doesn’t kill you makes you stronger.” Thank you for that.

A great athlete not only has great teammates, but great opponents.

I consider Houston my second home, so I want to say something to the people of Houston. You stood by me in good and bad times. You gave me strength to move forward. I will always consider you my family. I am a Texan and a Houston Rocket for life.

All of this would not be possible without the vision of David Stern and the NBA. Thank you to David Stern, Adam Silver, Kim Bohuny and everyone at the NBA for your kindness and support.

Finally, to Team Yao. We all look older and fatter than when we first met.

Ladies and gentlemen, I like to pay my respect to Dr. Naismith, to the 361 members of the Hall of Fame, and to everyone who has contributed to the game of basketball all over the world in last 125 years.

All of these individuals are stars and together they form the galaxy in the universe of basketball. The game has inspired billions of people around the world. As one of them, I will do my part to continue to help grow the great game of basketball, and we all look forward to watching the stars of tomorrow emerge and shine.

Thank you for this great honor.

回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2016-9-16 04:36 AM | 显示全部楼层

都说姚明的名人堂演讲好,那它到底好在哪儿?|富哥专栏 

2016-09-13 黎双富 懒熊体育

刚刚过去的这个周末,不管是不是篮球迷,朋友圈或多或少都被姚明的篮球名人堂演讲刷屏了。这位昔日NBA赛场的“小巨人”,正式成为了篮球界最高荣誉殿堂的一员。荣誉之外,姚明极具东西方幽默和智慧感的演讲,为他赢得了满堂彩,同时也给我们体育产业的职业运动员,建立了感谢发言的新模板。

姚明的名人堂演讲全程用英文,这个难度不言而喻,熟悉他的球迷都知道,刚加入NBA的时候,姚明是无法用英语进行流利交流的,所以身边配了个翻译潘克伦,随后发奋苦学英文,逐渐摆脱了翻译,这其实是他后来能在NBA立足一个容易被忽视的原因。

说英文是一回事儿,用英文演讲是难度更大的挑战,但姚明用提前设计的很多趣梗和故事,用他独特的幽默和智慧,弥补了自己的短板,让原本枯燥的感谢发言“全程无尿点”。哪怕最后时刻出了个小岔子,也无法阻挡其成为一个堪称完美的体育演讲,进而在你我的朋友圈刷屏。

下面就来说说,姚明的这个名人堂演讲,到底好在哪儿?

姚明名人堂英文演讲完整版视频。

开场用经典梗引人入胜。名人堂这样的场合谁上都会紧张,更何况顶着“中国第一人”头衔的姚明,从上台跟引荐人握手,到在演讲台上铺开讲稿,观众似乎都能感觉到他的手在抖,他自己也直言很紧张,以至于开口就说错了一个单词(把a long time说成了a long term),好在他用一个经典梗镇住了场面。

姚明先是系包袱,说组委会把自己放在第一个发言是个错误,这个表态一出,现场观众就乐了,姚明迅速跟进,说这个第一的位置应该安排给同时入选的阿伦·艾弗森,大家听到艾弗森的名字,又是一轮自发的掌声和喝彩,情绪明显已经被带起来,这时姚明停顿后抖出“包袱”:“想知道为什么吗?因为我比他需要更多的‘训练’。”

整个会场一下炸了,包括艾弗森本人,笑得前仰后合。当然,个别新球迷可能听不懂,因为里面涉及一个NBA经典梗。当年艾弗森缺席训练,新闻发布会上被记者追问原因,大怒之下一口说了22个“practice(训练,也有练习之意)”,因此被广泛传播,从而成为其身上的重要标签。有趣的是,这个发布会发生在2002年,正好是姚明进入NBA的那年,时隔14年,这个梗在名人堂得到“复刻”,自然引发唏嘘无数。

这个前奏之后,姚明明显放松了下来,慢慢进入状态。紧接着进入正题,感谢组委会认可,其中谈起职业生涯虽然短暂,但自己对每时每刻都很珍惜,这句话表达的是,他每一刻都拼尽了全力,所以提前退役也没留下多少遗憾。

姚明的三个名人堂引荐人:(从左至右)拉塞尔、沃顿和穆托姆博。

姚明演讲的第二个好是致敬不落俗套,几乎个个带着故事。

名人堂的习惯是,新成员要有老成员引荐入堂,在介绍自己的三位引荐人时,姚明不是干巴巴地致敬,而是回忆和他们的交往。

比如“指环王”比尔·拉塞尔,姚明透露菜鸟赛季就获邀去对方西雅图的家中做客,说传奇当年的建议受用终身,这代表着一种精神的传承,也是名人堂一直提倡的。

然后是比尔·沃顿,姚明选择了爆料,当年自己脚部手术,术后醒来第一个打来电话关心的就是老沃顿,后者作为大个子有很多处理重大伤病的经验,这种困难时刻的支持和鼓励是“患难之交”。

最后是“穆大叔”穆托姆博,在相对严肃的小时段之后,姚明再次抛出笑料,他说把穆大叔放到最后因为他“是三个引荐人中年纪最大的一位”(并实际不是,但因为穆大叔一直没有准确年龄,圈内都开玩笑说他很老很老),他和姚明做了五年队友,结下了深厚情谊,这只是另一个笑点的铺垫:我们的感情是如此之深,以至于训练中吃了你很多黑肘都没当回事。这里埋藏的梗是,穆大叔是NBA出了名的防守悍将,几乎所有对手都抱怨过他的黑肘,姚明在训练中经常跟他对位,这种苦平时外人很难知道,唯有姚明,所以说出来笑意十足。

随后的感谢阶段也一样,让主旋律都说得妙趣横生,这是第三个好。比如感谢父母除了说天赋和为人,还特意提到柔和的手感,而目的只是揶揄另一个同时入选的传奇沙奎尔·奥尼尔,后者因为罚球糟糕常被对手故意送上罚球线,因此姚明职业生涯比他“少了1万次罚球。”

奥尼尔为姚明披上名人堂夹克。

再比如感谢妻子叶莉,顺道带出女儿,刚刚入学的小Amy,体育没跟随父母选择篮球,而是选了足球,姚明无奈的表情,再次引得现场哄堂大笑,他还临时补了一句:“回去要解决这个问题。”

姚明还感谢了启蒙教练李章明,回忆当初坐教练自行车去参加第一次训练,再感谢CBA职业生涯的恩师李秋平,提起当年的夺冠经历,还感谢了上海市和大鲨鱼俱乐部,这些说的是自己不忘本。

随后,姚明话锋一转,引经据典:“以铜为镜,可以正衣冠;以史为镜,可以知兴替;以人为镜,可以明得失。”目的是带出自己的几面镜子。

他提到了牟作云,中国篮球的传奇人物,80年前到访斯普林菲尔德的篮球名人堂,后一生都致力于在中国推广这项运动,CBA的总冠军奖杯以他名字命名;他还提到了王治郅,中国球员在NBA的领路人,为后来者铺平了道路。

上面是中国部分,主题再回到NBA。姚明先是感谢火箭,首先说的是老板、管理层以及训练师,然后是最初的队友、老大哥弗朗西斯和莫布里。在这里,他又用了一谐音梗调节气氛,莫布里请他吃soul food(灵魂食物),他说自己给听成了salty food(咸食物),在以黑人球员为绝对主力的名人堂中,这个笑料可谓正中下怀。

姚明接下来逐一感谢了三位火箭教练,汤姆贾诺维奇的循循善诱,杰夫·范甘迪的防守至上,以及末期的阿德尔曼,这些教练和那些被念出名字的火箭球员,勾起无数红色记忆。

然后再回到赛场说对手,提及奥尼尔和当年火热的姚鲨对决,姚明说:“杀不死你的,会让你更强大!”听得台下的奥尼尔哈哈大笑。

这还不是最绝的,第四个好就是巧妙拔高演讲境界。姚明在NBA只效力过火箭这一支球队,因此特意拿出时间感谢了休斯敦和德州,并动情地表示:“我永远都是德州人,终身都是火箭人!”这一表忠心无疑将打动多少老火箭球迷的心。

在礼貌性感谢完斯特恩和萧华之后,姚明把眼光对准了台下的姚之队,为他职业生涯保驾护航的专家团队。不过姚明可没放过调侃老熟人的机会,他先是长叹一声,然后对着他们感叹:“跟最初相遇时相比,我们都更老、更胖了!”

▲ 姚明妻子叶莉和姚之队成员在台下观礼。

最后再回到名人堂,姚明向361个之前就已入堂的前辈们致敬,并表决心:“作为名人堂的一员,我会以身作则,见证并帮助篮球新星们成长。”这是入堂的最高境界,也是篮球发明人奈史密斯博士最愿意听到的。

前文提到的岔子就出现在这里,因为背稿串了词,姚明一时语塞,不得不向观众说抱歉,不过调整之后迅速改了回来,期间还赢得了集体掌声的鼓励。

瑕不掩瑜。这掌声就是对姚明演讲的最直接褒奖。通观全篇演讲,结构清晰,逻辑完整,把对家人、对CBA和NBA、对团队、对名人堂甚至还有对国家的爱娓娓道来,展现了一个职业运动员应有的风貌。而他的叙述,他的幽默,他的智慧,他的举止,无一不是时下体育产业中运动员学习的典范。

回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-25 04:14 PM , Processed in 0.182883 second(s), 14 queries .