注册
搜索
查看: 218|回复: 1

[转贴] Traders, Not Investors, Fueling This Stock Rally: NYSE Chief

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-17 10:18 AM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Traders, Not Investors, Fueling This Stock Rally: NYSE Chief
Friday April 17, 2009, 10:55 am EDT

Wall Street's stunning six-week rally has been fed more by traders looking to take advantage of quick swings in the market than investors with a long-term view, NYSE Euronext (NYSE:NYX - News) CEO Duncan Niederauer told CNBC.

Because of that, the rally likely is to run out of steam as low volume eventually comes back to the bite the market, he said.

"It feels to me we're in a trader's market and not an investor's market," Niederauer said in a live interview from the exchange floor.

Markets are likely to near their March lows after an upswing that has sent the major indexes more than 20 percent higher, he said.

Long-term retail investors--with a three- to five-year time line--remain concerned that the rally is merely a bear-market bounce, and uncertainties in corporate health and the economy still pose dangers, he added.

"I think the real-money investors are still watching because I don't think the fundamentals are in place yet where the people feel like they can do good fundamental homework," Niederauer said. "So the feeling I've got talking to a lot of investors is they're still watching and waiting."

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-17 10:20 AM | 显示全部楼层
Bear is REALLY coming ...
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-27 12:38 PM , Processed in 0.065265 second(s), 14 queries .