找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 2434|回复: 26

Why I think we are far from bottom

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-19 10:54 AM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Many have claimed the market had bottomed out in March and the housing market also had bottomed.  I want to say, give me a break!  Here is why:

1) the 90 day moratorium on foreclosure created a false impression for all bank earnings.  Now, we are going to say market flooded with house again.  Of course, spring is usually good for housing market.  But with this wave of foreclosures, we will see price plunging again.

2) Banks are telling delinquent owners to stay in and try to short sale.  The real number of houses in problem is way higher than the foreclosure numbers.  Another pressure on house price.

3) The housing problem is no longer a subprime problem anymore, it had spread to all.

4) Commercial deliquencies rising sharply making banks holding more troubled loans.

5) People have not yet realized the whole consequences of OB's record deficit time bomb.  Once this bomb explodes, we will see the last leg down, which may be the most painful one, and possibly the longest one.  

6) Everything about the stock market tells me we are in a severe down turn.  The market just had its best six week rally since 1938.  These rallies usually happens in bear market.  Remeber, we did not even see this kind of explosive rally in the late 1990s bull market.

7) People are still too optimstic, only comparing the current market with 2000 bear market, at most 1970 and 1980 bear market.  This kind of optimsim will be crushed as it did in previous markets.  most americans especially those who are buying houses now, have never experienced any severe downturns.  

8) Now, you may argue that the GOVT is doing things different than the old days, throwing money like crazy.  Who said this will be beneficial?  It has never been tested.  Doing a bit different than what Hoover did in the 1930s may not save the economy, but may also push it to a disastrous situation.  We may sometimes listen to what the GOP is saying.  Don't get me wrong, I voted for OB and I am a DEM, but on some issues, I do agree with the republicans.

9) Last thing I want say today is, don't believe the results from the stress test anymore.  The "stringent condition" that the govt set for the stress test, as OB put it, WILL BE MET.  I am not sure how banks will perform after that.  

We can wait and see how things pan out.  But I should say that be cautious won't make you bankrupt.  Right now if you can survive this downturn, you may come out as a rich guy.  So, beware of whoever is telling you this is over, especially Cramer at CNBC.  He had became an entertainer and only an entertainer now.
发表于 2009-4-19 10:56 AM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 10:56 AM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 10:57 AM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 Maylin 于 2009-4-19 12:01 编辑

Ding....
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 10:58 AM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 11:08 AM | 显示全部楼层
Ding
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-4-19 11:11 AM | 显示全部楼层
Forgot to share some of my personal experience on bear market.  In the early 1990s, lost money and eventually said forget about it, so did all other people I know, the market then went up.  Late 1990s and early 2000, first made lots of money, just as some one said count the money till you are tired.  Then the crash came, got out some money but still thinks the market will recover soon.  It is not until I eventually pulled all money out of tech and start to diversify, so did others, the market started to go up.  Lessons learned, we are still at an early stage of a severe down turn.  That is my take.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 11:17 AM | 显示全部楼层
does DJ go to 5000?
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 11:24 AM | 显示全部楼层
Good story. I copy it to Mitbbs..
---
发信人: GoodLuck888 (GoodLuck), 信区: Stock
标 题: 老九: Why I think we are far from bottom
发信站: BBS 未名空间站 (Sun Apr 19 12:30:47 2009)

Why I think we are far from bottom
Many have claimed the market had bottomed out in March and the housing
market also had bottomed. I want to say, give me a break! Here is why:
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 11:35 AM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 01:08 PM | 显示全部楼层
观点很不错,欣赏你的条理性。 就是English writing 有点像眼里揉了沙子。 哈哈,如有得罪,请见谅。
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 01:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
Very convincing. Thank you so much
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 03:43 PM | 显示全部楼层
Good job!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 04:14 PM | 显示全部楼层
Hi all, I'm new here. I'm also skeptical about this rally. Not sure this one has been posted here before but here you go: http://zerohedge.blogspot.com/20 ... rket-liquidity.html According to the author, a serious meltdown is coming. Any comments?
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 06:01 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 07:54 PM | 显示全部楼层
thanks for sharing those good points
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 08:07 PM | 显示全部楼层
I still can not be confinced to support your point or bottomed-out point. It is so hard for me. thank you for sharing your thought with us!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 08:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
You might be wrong this time. Things that never happened can happen this time. Governments are so in alliance with banks that they very determined to ride out this crisis by creating a USD bubble. The world suffers, but less US does.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 08:49 PM | 显示全部楼层
Thank you for sharing.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 09:57 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-5-8 01:31 PM , Processed in 0.147498 second(s), 14 queries .