注册
搜索
查看: 364|回复: 3

Obama Says He’ll Seek ‘Accountability’ for Bank Aid

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-4-19 03:08 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Obama Says He’ll Seek ‘Accountability’ for Bank Aid

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/ne ... JZQY&refer=home
April 19 (Bloomberg) -- President Barack Obama said he’ll demand “accountability” from any U.S. banks that require additional taxpayer money following “stress tests” being conducted by regulators.

“We’ll try to use as light a touch as we can, but I’m not going to simply put taxpayer money into a black hole where you aren’t going to see results or some exit strategy so the taxpayers ultimately are relieved of these burdens,” Obama said at a news conference today in Trinidad and Tobago as he wrapped up his first Summit of the Americas.

The U.S. Treasury and financial regulators have set a May 4 deadline for disclosing results from the stress tests of 19 U.S. financial companies including Citigroup Inc., Bank of America Corp., JPMorgan Chase & Co., Goldman Sachs Group Inc., GMAC LLC and MetLife Inc. The tests are being used to determine whether the firms have enough capital to cover losses over the next two years should the economic downturn worsen.

Obama said he didn’t want to speculate ahead of the stress tests and that he hasn’t seen them all yet. He declined to say whether the government would seek management changes at firms needing more funds.

The stress tests will show “different banks are in different situations,” Obama said today. “They are going to need different levels of assistance from taxpayers, and as I’ve said before, if taxpayer money is involved I’ve got a responsibility to ensure some transparency and accountability.”
发表于 2009-4-19 03:09 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 05:53 PM | 显示全部楼层
言词之中是不是可以看出反对者的力量?

"taxpayer money" 是个关键词
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-4-19 06:55 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-28 03:45 AM , Processed in 0.041004 second(s), 14 queries .