搜索
查看: 1013|回复: 0

Frog Trader 101 series (1) Brokers--by bobcat

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-6-4 12:27 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Frog Trader 101 series (1) Brokers
1. Commission
For an active trader, the commission you pay to equity brokerage might be
the largest expense item in your budget, usually much higher than the mortgage payment for your house.  
Hence SAVING on commission might be the single largest saving that you can make. So choose a cheaper broker and don't overlook this matter!
Small traders may want to have two different brokers: one adopts per trade commission schedule, and the other
adopts per share commission schedule, which is good for trading high priced stocks. For trading penny stocks or options, you must use the former. For option trading, to the best of my knowledge, OptionHouse is the only such broker for the former.
Large traders must use the former.

Many traders don't know that the commission for most US brokers is negotiable. If you make more than 500 trades per month,
you certainly should ask for a lower commission. If you make more than 1000 trades per month, do not accept a commission
rate of over $3 per trade.

2. Relation
For large traders, a good personal relation with your broker is quintessential. When you need to argue with market makers (MMs) about
bad fills, it has to go through your broker. Sometimes, the broker may help you to get thousands of dollars back for you
from MMs for bad fills. Unfortunately, for a small trader, it is impossible to receive any attention from the broker.

3. Fill and Report
Insist on expedite fills and reports.   

4. Direct Routing
Direct routing allows you to choose MMs you like. I personally like to route most of my orders to Citigroup. Remember
to ask your broker for such privilege.

5. API
For traders with computer background, learn something about API provided by brokers.

Next time, I'll talk about traders' tax status.
您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-5-5 11:44 PM , Processed in 0.032967 second(s), 14 queries .