找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 1166|回复: 7

Trending or Trading? A key question before putting a trade.

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-6-29 09:40 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

Dear fellow HTers and Dalaos,

One question I would like to seek advice from the fellow HTers is what would be the best way to determine if we are in a trending market or a trading market.  What I have been frustrated by using the regular indicators is that they are lagging behind the market.  In  most case it would be too late by the time you know we are in a trend, up or down, and the trades are not worthy the risk/reward ratio.

Would you please shed some light on this topic?  Using today's market as an example, we had some pull-back several days ago and then market came back.  Are we in a trend? or we are in a zig-zag market?  What would be the good indicators to give us an answer?  I post this quesiton for a general discussion so that we can apply the solutions to any timeframe, not for discussing the current market.  Thank you in advance and happy trading (or should I say happpy trending ).
发表于 2009-6-29 09:44 PM | 显示全部楼层
a frog's view:

by Chan theory, it seems we are still in a ZhongShu. If it decisively break through ~928 in coming days and form a 3rd buy, it's a trend then.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-6-29 09:50 PM | 显示全部楼层
2# bucks

Thanks for your response.  I am not interested in talking about current market.  I would like to discuss the solutions to this question, if any. Best regards.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-6-30 07:38 AM | 显示全部楼层
1# snowball2009
we are in a uptrend since March 6.

Until we confirm the trend has changed.

eg. lower low, lower high, or head shoulder reverse etc.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2009-6-30 04:15 PM | 显示全部楼层
4# supsucc

Thanks for your response. I did not meant to discuss the current market direction but rather to use this post to generate some discussion about how we could identify the trending or trading market at the earliest possible time.  Then apply the solution to any timeframe and any market.  Best regards.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-6-30 05:17 PM | 显示全部楼层
4# supsucc

Thanks for your response. I did not meant to discuss the current market direction but rather to use this post to generate some discussion about how we could identify the trending or  ...
snowball2009 发表于 2009-6-30 17:15

This is pretty hard, if we could, how much could we have?
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-6-30 06:33 PM | 显示全部楼层
If we can eat the middle portion of the fish, it is good enough.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-6-30 10:52 PM | 显示全部楼层
If we can eat the middle portion of the fish, it is good enough.
summer123 发表于 2009-6-30 19:33

did you have system like that?

Could you share some hints?

Ta,
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-5-6 10:23 AM , Processed in 0.034475 second(s), 14 queries .