找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: maywood

[转贴] 宝马侃股市,青蛙们共勉

[复制链接]
发表于 2009-9-11 06:56 PM | 显示全部楼层

“selling books, selling software are not evil.”
Totally agree with this one. It is just a way of doing business. No prejudice.
However, those who doing such business must admit that they can not make more money from trading than from such business.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-9-11 07:06 PM | 显示全部楼层
interesting logic,

so, every book seller and software seller is the loser in their field?? that is your logic?

I don't know how much those software sellers make by trading the market, but I see no reason to stop them from doing this.

every income should be adjusted by risk.

risk 1M to make 200k and risk nothing to earn 100K, which one will you do? or better off , do both?

“selling books, selling software are not evil.”
Totally agree with this one. It is just a way of doing business. No prejudice.
However, those who doing such business must admit that they can not  ...
乡下人 发表于 2009-9-11 19:56
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-9-11 07:32 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 TATrader 于 2009-9-11 20:36 编辑

a good case in point is the investment strategy

everybody "knows" that: stock market gives better return, by average, than bond and money market fund. But why people still invest in bond and MMF, why not put all money in the stock where you are supposed to get higher return.

Reason is simple, higher return always involve higher risk.

I made 430K last year, does that mean I will make the same amount of money this year? of course not.

Lehman Brother was doing great when the housing market was rising. How about now?

historic performance can not be used to predict future one.

So give me a reason you should not diversify your income, but solely based on risky trading.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-9-11 07:43 PM | 显示全部楼层
I personally does not oppose anyone to do business on selling books, trading systems.
To me, it is just a way of doing business. No difference than selling hot dogs or fried chicken.
I also agree with you on "every income should be adjusted by risk/reward."
I just don't get it: why a successful trader would think that the risk/reward ratio offered by stock market itself is not good enough for him?
" risk nothing to earn 100K"? you seems do not count your time and efforts devoted to the system as your input. Marketing your system and serving your customer all cost time and labor.
And for a successful trader, he would rather devote the same time and labor on stock market trading. Because for him, it is more Risk/Reward worthwhile.
I am saying too much today because it is weekend and i am in a good mood. My part is done.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-9-11 08:11 PM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 TATrader 于 2009-9-11 21:14 编辑

there is no noble 高尚 or evil way to make money (there is difference btw a legal and criminal way) .

Trading, basically, is a legal way to rob others' bank. it is zero sum game, my gain is your loss (actually less, considering commission),

it is like, football is a legal way to beat people down.

Same case as in travel business, you have airline, hotel, bus, restaurant, park, photo service, all in the same business frame, which is the noble way, which is evil way to make money? I don't know,

trading service is part of WS trading business, like other one: TV commerical, selling books and etc. Is trading market the only legitimate or the so called noble way to make money in this business? I don't think so.

right, there is no FREE lunch. to make money, you have to make an effort.

But EFFORT(or time commitment) is not equal to RISK. You work hard, like your everyday job, to make money, but you do not risk any capital.

The result of working hard on daily job is either no income or some income, you have no risk to lose your deposit or capital.

The result of trading is either flat, some income, or NEGATIVE income. That is RISK. you have potential loss of capital.

I personally does not oppose anyone to do business on selling books, trading systems.
To me, it is just a way of doing business. No difference than selling hot dogs or fried chicken.
I also agree w ...
乡下人 发表于 2009-9-11 20:43
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2009-9-13 06:33 PM | 显示全部楼层
lz and bmw
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-5-11 09:05 PM , Processed in 0.034483 second(s), 12 queries .