找回密码
 注册
搜索
楼主: angelafund

[原创] the beauty of trend following

火.. [复制链接]
发表于 2010-4-30 12:12 PM | 显示全部楼层

you trade US market in China in night and still work next day?
QuickHand 发表于 2010-4-30 12:57

多谢关爱。
第一,现在是五一假期了。
第二,我是无业人员,呵呵,每天就是做点这个做点那个的,从新加坡回到北京后就不上班(打工)了。
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-30 12:33 PM | 显示全部楼层
多谢关爱。
第一,现在是五一假期了。
第二,我是无业人员,呵呵,每天就是做点这个做点那个的,从 ...
爱在雨中 发表于 2010-4-30 13:12

是没看上合适的工作还是不必工作了哪?
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-30 12:40 PM | 显示全部楼层
I am ready to hit some eject button to take partial profits on DNDN ... it will go higher, but taking partial profits is the right thing to do ...
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-30 12:42 PM | 显示全部楼层
also take partial profits off PCLN
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-30 12:55 PM | 显示全部楼层
是没看上合适的工作还是不必工作了哪?
QuickHand 发表于 2010-4-30 13:33

呵呵,都不是,说来话长。工作总是要的,但是打工未必就是工作的唯一出路。做企业又很复杂,且经济危机时代,不做实业为好。所以,就家里蹲喽,呵呵。
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-4-30 12:58 PM | 显示全部楼层
呵呵,都不是,说来话长。工作总是要的,但是打工未必就是工作的唯一出路。做企业又很复杂,且经 ...
爱在雨中 发表于 2010-4-30 13:55

I see, hope you find what you like best early...
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-4-30 01:23 PM | 显示全部楼层
Change of the market character?

Heavy distribution from the top. Are we embarking on a short term ...
angelafund 发表于 2010-4-28 09:11

always stay on the right side of the market ... no body knows how much this correction is ... so be prepared for deeper corrections.

The reason of not selling all your winners is that the selling can turn into a much shallower corrections ... so once those weak hands are out, the strong hands (the smart money) will prompt the market again ...

stay flexible and alerted ...
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-2 10:46 PM | 显示全部楼层
Not much to say other than that the overdue correction is underway, how long and how deep the correction will go is in anyone's guess. My job is not to anticipate the end of the correction, but to know the correction is over when it is over.

Raise cash, set stops, let's watch the market ... market is so fun to watch, isn't it?
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-3 02:28 PM | 显示全部楼层
DNDN 65% (03Mar2010, partial profit taken @ 30Apr2010)
AAPL 22% (05Mar2010 1st buy, 23/Mar2010 add)
BIDU 19% (pilot buy 01Apr2010)
GIL 17% (05Mar2010 1st buy)
PCLN 14% (pilot buy 18Feb2010, 01Mar2010 1st buy, partial profit taken @ 30Apr2010)

the numbers speak for themselves ... lol
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-4 05:56 AM | 显示全部楼层
本帖最后由 angelafund 于 2010-5-4 06:58 编辑

Sometimes, it takes the patience to win you out in a yo-yo market.

An inside day with diminishing vol on the big board. Here is the definition of the inside day from investorpedia,

What Does Inside Day Mean?
A candlestick formation that occurs when the entire daily price range for a given security falls within the price range of the previous day. Inside day often refers to all versions of the harami pattern and can be very useful for spotting changes in the direction of a trend.

An inside day is often used to signal indecision because neither the bulls nor the bears are able to send the price beyond the range of the previous day. If an inside day is found at the end of a prolonged downtrend and is located near a level of support, it can be used to signal a bullish shift in trend. Conversely, an inside day found near the end of a prolonged uptrend may suggest that the rally is getting exhausted and is likely to reverse.

Now here is an interesting tidbits on the trading front,

Computer studies suggest that inside days— where the high is lower than the previous day's high and the low is higher than the previous day's low— provide very reliable t entries in the S&P 500 futures market. The basic trading pattern is an inside day (ID) followed by a sale if the next day's market opens lower or a buy if next day's market opens higher. Entry is on the open and exit is on the same day's close without a stop.

In computerized tests, this basic procedure produced 68% winning trades in the S&P between 1982 and 1987. This is a reasonably high percentage and suggests a strong tendency or bias for prices to continue in the direction of the open the day after any inside day.

Refinements

One simple variation of this pattern—discerning whether the ID close and next day's open are in the same direction—produces an even higher percentage of winning trades. The ID has a higher close than the previous day and is followed by a higher open. A buy is taken on the open and exited on the close. A sale is taken when the ID has a lower close and is followed by a lower open.

What do we have tomorrow? a weak opening due to Chinese Manufacturing data and Euro area problems. So it is interesting to see how the market unfolds tomorrow.

As for as leading growth stocks, majority I am monitoring are staying healthy or digesting the previous big run ups (AAPL, BIDU, PCLN, GIL, NFLX, APKT, VRX, CMG, RVBD, VMW, SNDK, FFIV, TPX etc). As for the turn around stocks, such as UAUA, LVS and housing stocks are also behaving constructive.

GOLD is perking up to finish its basing. I think GLD should challenge 120. Once 120 is broken ... then sky is the limit. Laughing

When market started its overdue correction, it pays to exercise patience to win you out in a yo-yo market. As far as the growth stocks concern, they are nothing but consolidating, which does not mean they won't tumble if the market tumbles the next few days.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-4 06:27 AM | 显示全部楼层
回复 50# angelafund

Hopefully, it is shallow corrections.
Thanks!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-4 01:53 PM | 显示全部楼层
Continue to hold the following stocks, there is no reason to sell AAPL, BIDU, GIL and DNDN, pcln is a little shaky, but I will hold them all so far.

DNDN 65%-4% (03Mar2010, partial profit taken @ 30Apr2010)
AAPL 22%-3% (05Mar2010 1st buy, 23/Mar2010 add)
BIDU 19%-2% (pilot buy 01Apr2010)
GIL 17%-4% (05Mar2010 1st buy)
PCLN 14%-4% (pilot buy 18Feb2010, 01Mar2010 1st buy, partial profit taken @ 30Apr2010)

Market goes into correction is not a reason to sell out your ports, remember the big money is made by piling your $$$ to winning positions ...

I am willing to sit through a 10% market correction if AAPL or BIDU undergo a normal correction ... have a vision and be patient!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-4 03:39 PM | 显示全部楼层
LVS, if u have it, should be partially sold ...

UAUA should be sold partially as well, if this market correction goes further, 16-17 is the next stop ... when all the good news is priced in ... and airline continues to be a money losing business ... i see no compelling reason to own it ...

GLD/DGP continues to act fine ... i see no reason to sell gold ...

Top growth stocks, appl, bidu, dndn are acting just fine ... no need to sell ...
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-4 05:58 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 53# angelafund

Thanks for updating!!!!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-5 10:46 AM | 显示全部楼层
when you have a plan, it means you are prepared for the best and the worst ...

In face of a market correction, knowing that your position is going to go against you ... it takes courage. But the courage is not built on blind faith; it is built on history knowing that if the correction is only an intermediate correction, it offers the spring board for top growth stocks to go much higer while offering you additional multiple entry/add points to pyramid your winning positions

I look for home runs which offer me 100%+ gains.

Think about it ...
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-6 02:42 PM | 显示全部楼层
I have no idea on what happened intraday, but I have been calling for raising cash for the last week or so. I certainly wish people reading my threads have heeded my advice.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-6 02:47 PM | 显示全部楼层
I have no idea on what happened intraday, but I have been calling for raising cash for the last week ...
angelafund 发表于 2010-5-6 15:42

回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

楼主| 发表于 2010-5-7 05:30 PM | 显示全部楼层
Clearly we are entering a bear phase. I have liquidated all my longs except GLD/DGP.

In bear market, I take breaks.

So I will not update this thread until the bull returns.

I will never miss a bull market, so once I am back, the bull is back.  

You guys have fun.
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-7 06:43 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

发表于 2010-5-7 06:44 PM | 显示全部楼层
hope you come back soon! Thank you for sharing!
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-5-1 09:48 AM , Processed in 0.079710 second(s), 13 queries .