注册
搜索
查看: 915|回复: 1

Seasonal Transition Tips - Fall

[复制链接]
发表于 2011-9-17 12:43 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

本帖最后由 nanosensor 于 2011-9-17 13:43 编辑

1. Embracing autumn
Since moving from Minneapolis to L.A., Salmela says her idea of fall has changed. In the Midwest, of course, there's a greater transition, with the weather cooling down and physical changes to the outdoors, but regardless, in both places she craves being outside. "I focus some of my decorating on my backyard. My backyard becomes an extension of my living room, complete with a daybed and pillows and warm throws that I bring in and out," the designer says. "There is nothing better than cuddling up under a faux-fur throw outside on a crisp night." She suggests thinking about your outdoor space as an extension of your living space – even as fall approaches. In short, "get outside as much as you can!"

1.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2. Use fresh flowers
This is one of the simplest accessories you can add to help bring the seasonal tones into your home, Salmela says. Since fresh flowers change with the time of year, it’s an easy and natural way to shift from the pinks and bright oranges of summer to colors that are earthier for fall, such as deep reds, burnt yellows and deeper plums. She suggests putting large leafy branches from trees and bushes in your yard in big glass vases on tabletops instead of floral arrangements, and changing the branches as the colors turn to keep your indoor space transitioning along with the season.

2.jpg
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

3. Add seasonal candles
Another easy seasonal transition is to change the scent of your candles from the light florals and beachy scents of summer to those that have a hint of spice or heavier aromas. "Nothing says fall like the smell of pumpkin and spice," says Salmela. We like the spicy scent of Fruits & Passion pink pepper and anise candle ($12), packaged in a cute ceramic pot, but choose whatever scent reminds you of autumn.

3.jpg

4. Switch bedding and blankets
Make subtle changes like trading your lighter throws and blankets for faux-fur and heavy knits to bring a cozier element into your home for fall. "Just the simple task of replacing your lighter cotton throw in your bedroom to a thicker hand-knit one will have you dreaming of chilly nights by the fire," Salmela says. Cuddle up in the plush grand chenille throw from Pottery Barn ($79), which comes in several seasonal shades including cardinal red, espresso and metal gray.

4.jpg

5. Focus on fruits and veggies
In your kitchen, you can keep a large bowl of fresh fruits and veggies on the island or counter to represent the transition from summer to fall. "Not only does it look pretty, but it’s another way to bring a design element into your home that has a seasonal flair," Salmela says. In the summer you might have a bowl stocked with lemons, limes and oranges on your kitchen table, but in the fall the same bowl can hold small squashes and pumpkins – great for just decorating or for adding to that Thanksgiving feast.

5.jpg

评分

查看全部评分

发表于 2011-9-17 02:07 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-27 12:14 PM , Processed in 0.162815 second(s), 21 queries .