找回密码
 注册
搜索
查看: 1113|回复: 1

[好摄之徒] Eirini Vourloumis,等待中的希腊

[复制链接]
发表于 2015-7-26 01:50 PM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

'In Waiting', is an examination of Athens and its role as a physical stage for the economic crisis. Primarily, I am exploring the interiors of government buildings, institutions and schools so as to question how these spaces reflect modern Greek culture and character. The locations I chose are familiar microcosms that have recently become the public stage for a forced re-negotiation of Greek identity.
Through this work I am also personally trying to rationalize how the deceptively tedious components of urban life factor into the economic crisis. I am specifically attracted to the kitsch aesthetic and surreal atmosphere I encounter in these spaces. These interiors also reveal an almost antiquated and bare aesthetic quality; they evoke in their décor a feeling of dependency on and idolization of the past.
The economic crisis has created a shock that ripples through social and physical structures and affects unpredictably the way we as Greeks perceive our surroundings. During the continuing thriller of monetary installments, the crisis is a reminder of the images of the city we really grew up with. Spaces, which once seemed banal or unimportant, now reveal nuances of Greek reality and have social and political implications. Like the Greek people, these places exist in anticipation of their future.

— Eirini Vourloumis

In waiting 是希腊女摄影师 Eirini Vourloumis 一个进行中的拍摄项目,在这个项目中,摄影师试图寻找最能够代表现代希腊文化和状态的场景,籍此呈现经济危机下希腊被忽视的另一面日常生活。

「离开希腊10年后,我重新回到这个国家,如同一个外国人一样,每一个场景都如同第一次相见。所有人都在说,这是一个经济危机中的衰落的国家,贫穷、不稳定、慌张。我想记录的,是另一面希腊。

在这个项目中,我拍摄了雅典的政府大楼、学校、工会、图书馆、议会、法院、商店、咖啡馆、图书馆、档案馆、废弃的建筑...每一个场景都是现代希腊日常生活的片段,我试图从中发现希腊的审美、性格,并将其呈现出来。」

关于摄影师
Eirini Vourloumis,出生于雅典,最初为 New York Times 的城市版完成拍摄任务,目前为自由摄影师,曾获得 PDN Annual 等奖项。
发表于 2015-7-26 03:14 PM | 显示全部楼层
回复 鲜花 鸡蛋

使用道具 举报

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-3-29 06:47 AM , Processed in 0.090745 second(s), 17 queries .