发表于 2021-10-15 08:30 AM | 显示全部楼层 |阅读模式

「科幻」的重点应该是「科」还是「幻」?

知乎日报  2021-10-14

题图:降临

编辑:勇敢妞妞

《沙丘》导演丹尼斯·维伦纽瓦入驻知乎啦,一起来看他对科幻作品的独特见解~

请问「科幻」的重点应该是「科」还是「幻」?

答主:Denis Villeneuve(1000+ 赞同,导演丹尼斯·维伦纽瓦,代表作《沙丘》《降临》《边境杀手》《银翼杀手 2049 》

Great science-fiction is always inspired by science and technology, and their impact on humans. Frank Herbert wrote Dune being inspired by a biological experiment he witnessed in Oregon at the dawn of the sixties. Biologists where back then trying to control the expansion of sand dunes by using new plants. The idea for Dune came from there. Biology is at the very heart of the novel. I kept the same approach as we were writing and designing the movie. All elements of the movie have been created in direct relationship with their proper ecosystem.

As an example, the ornithopter design. In the book, its described as a kind of plane that uses a propelling system that looks like a bird. Production Designer Patrice Vermette and I came with a design that feels closer to an insect because I wanted the vehicle to be muscular and resistant to harsh desert weather.

I wanted also the audience to believe that this thing can fly for real.  We made sure that the ornithopter would obey to gravity laws and aerodynamic laws.

More important, I wanted the ornithopter to feel familiar for the audience, so that they can have a connection with them subconsciously. There are so many ideas in the movie that are complex, foreign, strange that I wanted the audience to rely on, to have some ground at some place. They will then accept more of the ideas that were conveyed by the movie. At the end of the day, I did it on purpose, making some elements of the movie closer to our reality, so the audience can resonate with the humanity and with the drama of the characters.

伟大的科幻一直都受到科技以及科技对人类影响的启发。弗兰克·赫伯特创作《沙丘》的灵感来源是上世纪六十年代他在俄勒冈州亲眼目睹的一场生物实验。生物学家当时试图通过使用新的植物来控制沙丘的扩张。《沙丘》的灵感就是从那里来的,生物学是这部小说的核心内容。在我们写作、设计这部电影的时候,我采取了同样的方法。电影中的所有元素都是以与其相匹配的生态系统有直接关联的思路而创造出来的。

以扑翼机的设计为例。在原著中,它被描述为一种使用外形似鸟的推进系统的飞机。影片的艺术指导帕特里斯·维梅特和我想到了一种更接近昆虫的设计,因为我希望这种交通工具强劲有力,能够抵抗恶劣的沙漠天气。

我也希望观众能够相信这东西真的能够飞起来,我们确保了扑翼机能够遵循万有引力定律和空气动力学定律。

更重要的是,我希望扑翼机能让观众觉得熟悉,这样观众就能潜意识地和它建立联系。因为《沙丘》这部电影中有太多复杂、陌生、奇特的概念,我希望观众能在电影里找到一些依靠,能够找到一些立足点,这样他们就能更多地接受电影传递出来的信息。归根结底,我是有意为之,让电影中的一些元素更贴近我们的现实生活,这样观众就能和角色的人性和戏剧性产生共鸣。

您需要登录后才可以回帖 登录 | 注册

本版积分规则

手机版|小黑屋|www.hutong9.net

GMT-5, 2024-4-24 02:29 PM , Processed in 0.079015 second(s), 14 queries .